How I survived the Polar Vortex:
1. Use a laser to play with your cat at some odd hour of the night. Lay on the floor as you do it, it’s an entertaining angle.
2. Go outside to make sure it really is as cold as everyone says it is. Don’t stay out longer than 3 minutes though or you’re fingers will feel like they’re falling off.
3. Make banana bread with the over ripe bananas you’ve been keeping in your freezer (teaser picture!)
4. Haven’t you been drying peppers in your kitchen for like months now? Maybe you should do something with them.
5. Venture outside long enough to make maple snow taffy (or just scoop the snow onto a tray and pour the maple syrup indoor because let’s face it, you’re apartment is pretty cold anyway so that snow isn’t going anywhere.)
And maybe, one you’ve finished these steps the temperature will climb to something above 0.